Photography by Joseph Yarbrough
Light & Shadows Photography
East Lansing, Michigan
Photograph by Joseph Yarbrough
There is a very gentle garden just outside the entrance to the Baths of Diocletian. The arbor, hedges, flowers and seating is inviting in the midst of a busy city being just across the way from Termni. The centerpiece of the garden is a pool and fountain with a small stream spilling over the lip of a giant urn. The requisite Roman statues tell of a special location. The various stones and statues seemed to be resting in the anteroom of antiquity quietly passing time until called forth. As the students read Latin I wandered in and out of the ancient stones appearing casually placed. I assume the more valuable and less durable pieces were the museum inside or across the street at the formal National Roman Museum. The place was profound and relaxing in its serenity.
©2015 Joseph Yarbrough narrative description: Fontane
• Cards are prints on white card stock and come with a white envelope.
• Prints are made on photographic paper - Epson Exhibition Fiber
• Canvas prints are stretched on 1.5" stretcher bars.
• Exact sizes for all prints are approximate and will vary widely
depending on the aspect ratio of the photograph and/or cropping.
• Mounted & matted prints will fit standard frames
- 8 x 10 prints fit a 12 x 16 frame
- 11 x 14 prints fit a 16 x 20 frame
- 17 x 22 prints fit a 22 x 28 frame.
• Mat boards are black outter mat with a white inner mat
• All materials are acid free.
• Giclée prints - fine art digital prints.
All prints are signed & numbered.
Image is available in the following formats:
12 x 16" Stretched Canvas - $50.00
20 x 30" Stretched Canvas - $150.00
24 x 36" Stretched Canvas - $300.00
12 x16" Double Matted Print - $60.00
16 x 20 Double Matted Print - $120.00
22 x 28 Double Matted Print - $200.00
8 x 10" Unmounted Print - $20.00
11 x 14" Unmounted Print - $40.00
16 x 20" Unmounted Print - $75.00
Card - Single - $4.00
Cards - Two of the same card - $6.00
Cards - Three of the same card - $7.00
Cards - Box of Ten of the same card - $25.00
Aqua Marcia, aqueduct, Basilica of Saint Mary of the Angels and the Christian Martyrs, Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri, Baths of Diocletian, Carthusian Monastery, Emperor Diocletian, Flowers, imperial baths, Italy, Maximian, Michelangelo, Museo Nazionale Romano, National Roman Museum, pool, public bath, Roma, Roman statues, Rome, Viminal. Baths of Diocletian, water fountain