Photography by Joseph Yarbrough
Light & Shadows Photography
East Lansing, Michigan
©2015 Open Doors
Photograph by Joseph Yarbrough
There is no reason to come to Roccasecca. The exception is that this was St. Thomas Aquinas' home town. It is a village built on a ledge hanging on the edge of a mountain with a road that leads to Aquino castle what remains of it. The village was very quiet. I suppose it was siesta, or those employed were at work. Belying that theory was that there were no kids anywhere, one dog, one man on a park bench, and group of five men or so sitting outside a cafe. One of the tiny grocery/deli stores was open, and the other closing. A bar up the street had espresso and the necessary facilities that espresso buys. There was one van, one parked car, and nothing even approaching movement except the tourist bus we arrived in from Rome. No one was walking on the street except us as we made our way to the village gazebo to eat.The street did not look as empty as it looked abandoned. The tableau reminded of a Clint Eastwood spaghetti western. Yet somehow I have yet to figure in what way; Roccasecca felt like a place in which people live. From open doors and windows I expected to hear snoring, but there were no sounds.
©2015 Joseph Yarbrough narrative description: Open Doors
• Cards are prints on white card stock and come with a white envelope.
• Prints are made on photographic paper - Epson Exhibition Fiber
• Canvas prints are stretched on 1.5" stretcher bars.
• Exact sizes for all prints are approximate and will vary widely
depending on the aspect ratio of the photograph and/or cropping.
• Mounted & matted prints will fit standard frames
- 8 x 10 prints fit a 12 x 16 frame
- 11 x 14 prints fit a 16 x 20 frame
- 17 x 22 prints fit a 22 x 28 frame.
• Mat boards are black outter mat with a white inner mat
• All materials are acid free.
• Giclée prints - fine art digital prints.
All prints are signed & numbered.
Image is available in the following formats:
12 x 16" Stretched Canvas - $50.00
20 x 30" Stretched Canvas - $150.00
24 x 36" Stretched Canvas - $300.00
12 x16" Double Matted Print - $60.00
16 x 20 Double Matted Print - $120.00
22 x 28 Double Matted Print - $200.00
8 x 10" Unmounted Print - $20.00
11 x 14" Unmounted Print - $40.00
16 x 20" Unmounted Print - $75.00
Card - Single - $4.00
Cards - Two of the same card - $6.00
Cards - Three of the same card - $7.00
Cards - Box of Ten of the same card - $25.00
Aquino Castle, count of Aquino, dry rocca, gazebo, Italy, Monte Asprano, mountain, no student, Roccasecca, Roma, Roma 2015 06 18, Rome, siesta, St. Thomas Aquinas, street scene, Valle di Comino, village, Windows & Doors