Photography by Joseph Yarbrough
Light & Shadows Photography
East Lansing, Michigan
©2015 Pinus Pinea
Photograph by Joseph Yarbrough
The Pines of Rome by Ottorino Respighi is my reference point for associating Rome and pine trees. As mature trees pinus pinea are indeed impressive, and seemed to be all over the place in Rome. That first afternoon I was standing on the Janiculum which I did not know were the pines in focus for the nocturne (third) movement of Respighi’s symphonic poem. That information would have not eased my concern as I was on my own in Rome on top of a hill. I did know know if it was the correct hill, but I was there. The view was fantastic. The pine trees were monumental. I was lost but Rome was all around me. I just had to walk down the hill, find my way into the Trastevere, and to Dar Poeta. Nothing to it.
©2015 Joseph Yarbrough narrative description: Pinus Pinea
• Cards are prints on white card stock and come with a white envelope.
• Prints are made on photographic paper - Epson Exhibition Fiber
• Canvas prints are stretched on 1.5" stretcher bars.
• Exact sizes for all prints are approximate and will vary widely
depending on the aspect ratio of the photograph and/or cropping.
• Mounted & matted prints will fit standard frames
- 8 x 10 prints fit a 12 x 16 frame
- 11 x 14 prints fit a 16 x 20 frame
- 17 x 22 prints fit a 22 x 28 frame.
• Mat boards are black outter mat with a white inner mat
• All materials are acid free.
• Giclée prints - fine art digital prints.
All prints are signed & numbered.
Image is available in the following formats:
12 x 16" Stretched Canvas - $50.00
20 x 30" Stretched Canvas - $150.00
24 x 36" Stretched Canvas - $300.00
12 x16" Double Matted Print - $60.00
16 x 20 Double Matted Print - $120.00
22 x 28 Double Matted Print - $200.00
8 x 10" Unmounted Print - $20.00
11 x 14" Unmounted Print - $40.00
16 x 20" Unmounted Print - $75.00
Card - Single - $4.00
Cards - Two of the same card - $6.00
Cards - Three of the same card - $7.00
Cards - Box of Ten of the same card - $25.00
coniferous evergreen tree, edible pine nuts, Ianiculum, Italian stone pine, Italy, Ottorino Respighi, panorama, parasol pine, pine trees, Pines Near a Catacomb (Pini presso una catacomba: Lento), Pines of the Appian Way (I pini della Via Appia: Tempo di marcia), Pines of the Janiculum (I pini del Gianicolo: Lento), Pines of the Villa Borghese (I pini di Villa Borghese: Allegretto vivace), pinus pinea, Roma,, Rome, Seven Hills of Rome, stone pine, The Pines of Rome, trees, umbrella pine