Photography by Joseph Yarbrough
Light & Shadows Photography
East Lansing, Michigan
©2015 Roman Rocks
Photograph by Joseph Yarbrough
There are lots of rocks in Rome. Some of those rock are exquisite. This particular rock was in the National Roman Museum in the part directly attached to the Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri. There is no particular story attached to this stone except that until we went to the National Roman Museum, frankly most of the rocks were not much to behold. I think it was a visual hunk of what any self-respecting backyard gardener would have long ago turned into a planter. I have no idea. I wish I did, but it would make no difference as it is the beautiy of the whole object, and the beauty of its parts that is so attractive; not its function.
©2015 Joseph Yarbrough narrative description: Roman Rocks
• Cards are prints on white card stock and come with a white envelope.
• Prints are made on photographic paper - Epson Exhibition Fiber
• Canvas prints are stretched on 1.5" stretcher bars.
• Exact sizes for all prints are approximate and will vary widely
depending on the aspect ratio of the photograph and/or cropping.
• Mounted & matted prints will fit standard frames
- 8 x 10 prints fit a 12 x 16 frame
- 11 x 14 prints fit a 16 x 20 frame
- 17 x 22 prints fit a 22 x 28 frame.
• Mat boards are black outter mat with a white inner mat
• All materials are acid free.
• Giclée prints - fine art digital prints.
All prints are signed & numbered.
Image is available in the following formats:
12 x 16" Stretched Canvas - $50.00
20 x 30" Stretched Canvas - $150.00
24 x 36" Stretched Canvas - $300.00
12 x16" Double Matted Print - $60.00
16 x 20 Double Matted Print - $120.00
22 x 28 Double Matted Print - $200.00
8 x 10" Unmounted Print - $20.00
11 x 14" Unmounted Print - $40.00
16 x 20" Unmounted Print - $75.00
Card - Single - $4.00
Cards - Two of the same card - $6.00
Cards - Three of the same card - $7.00
Cards - Box of Ten of the same card - $25.00
Aqua Marcia, aqueduct, Basilica of Saint Mary of the Angels and the Christian Martyrs, Basilica of Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri, Baths of Diocletian, Carthusian Monastery, Diocletian, imperial baths, Italy, marble, Maximian, Michelangelo, Museo Nazionale Romano, National Roman Museum, public bath, purple, Roma, Rome, Viminal. Baths of Diocletian