Temple of Ceres
Photography by Joseph Yarbrough
Light & Shadows Photography
East Lansing, Michigan
©2015 Temple of Ceres
Photograph by Joseph Yarbrough
In 2006 we were in Greece at Olympia. The place was crammed with temples and other buildings as evidenced by the many foundations. A few columns had been reassembled in an effort to give we tourists a sense of the sheer massiveness of the place. This column from the Temple of Ceres in Ostia Antica I think served a similar purpose. However, Olympia was effectively a large field of rubble judging from all the temple and building foundations. Ostia Antica was not similar in any visible way. Like Olympia Ostia Antica had been buried in meters of alluvial muck. However Ostia Antica has had decades of archeological explorations. There was a dig going on as we walked though. The archeology and the money behind it must have resulted in the neat an orderly presentation one finds today. At its peak the town had a 100,000 residents. The dig and clean up could have been no small feat.
©2015 Joseph Yarbrough narrative description: Temple of Ceres
• Cards are prints on white card stock and come with a white envelope.
• Prints are made on photographic paper - Epson Exhibition Fiber
• Canvas prints are stretched on 1.5" stretcher bars.
• Exact sizes for all prints are approximate and will vary widely
depending on the aspect ratio of the photograph and/or cropping.
• Mounted & matted prints will fit standard frames
- 8 x 10 prints fit a 12 x 16 frame
- 11 x 14 prints fit a 16 x 20 frame
- 17 x 22 prints fit a 22 x 28 frame.
• Mat boards are black outter mat with a white inner mat
• All materials are acid free.
• Giclée prints - fine art digital prints.
All prints are signed & numbered.
Image is available in the following formats:
12 x 16" Stretched Canvas - $50.00
20 x 30" Stretched Canvas - $150.00
24 x 36" Stretched Canvas - $300.00
12 x16" Double Matted Print - $60.00
16 x 20 Double Matted Print - $120.00
22 x 28 Double Matted Print - $200.00
8 x 10" Unmounted Print - $20.00
11 x 14" Unmounted Print - $40.00
16 x 20" Unmounted Print - $75.00
Card - Single - $4.00
Cards - Two of the same card - $6.00
Cards - Three of the same card - $7.00
Cards - Box of Ten of the same card - $25.00
flower, flowering bush, Flowers, Italy, king Ancus Marcius, Ostia Antica, ostium, port city, river delta, Roma,, Roman theater, Rome, seaport, Temple of Ceres, Tiber River